The following guide will help you to pair CiderTV app with 2nd & 3rd generation Apple TV.
With CiderTV app you can navigate Apple TV and control linked Smart TV volume.
If you have 4th generation Apple TV check another guide: How to control Apple TV 4 with CiderTV
Before you start, check this:
- You have the latest version of CiderTV app on your device;
- Your Apple TV is ON and is on the same WiFi network with your iPhone with CiderTV installed;
- (optional) If you want to control volume on your smart TV - the latter should be connected to same local WiFi too.
Short How-to video
Pairing with Apple TV
Follow these steps:
- Open CiderTV on your smartphone;
- Press on the "+" button to scan for new Apple TVs;
- Your local network scan will run automatically;
- Select your 2nd or 3rd generation Apple TV in the list of found devices;
- Go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV and select General → Remotes
- Find your CiderTV instance in "iOS Remotes" list (will look like "CiderTV - YourDeviceName").
- Select it and enter our default "0000" (four zeros) code in the pairing dialogue. Press "Done".
- Your CiderTV app is now paired with your 2nd/3rd gen Apple TV!